This Directorate ensures that approved personnel policies in the Ministry on employment, personnel records, training, and wages and salaries administration are translated into good management practices and effectively carried out.
This Directorate further ensures that services and facilities necessary to support the administrative and other functions of the ministry are available. It also ensures the provision of an effective and efficient system for internal checks.
The units under this directorate include the following:
- Personnel Unit:- The unit manages the files and records of staff in the ministry pertaining to recruitment, leave, promotion, salary issues, transfer, performance appraisal etc.
- Records Management Unit:- It ensures that documents and information are properly stored to ensure confidentiality and easy accessibility.
- Procurement Unit: - The unit is responsible for managing the procurement services and providing technical support on procurement processes for the Ministry.
- Stores Unit: - It ensures the proper storage of all goods procured and ensures that stocks are replaced on time at the Ministry.
- Estates / Facilities Unit: - This unit provides advice on estate management issues and ensures that repairs and works on facilities and equipments are properly carried out in the Ministry.
- Transport Unit:- The unit is responsible for the proper management and provision of an efficient transport system of the Ministry.
- Security Unit: - The unit is responsible for ensuring the safety of all staff and property of the Ministry.