Environmental Health & Sanitation
The directorate is responsible for the following;
- Proposes decentralization policy reforms
- Converts approved decentralization policy reforms into draft legislation where appropriate for the consideration of the Ministry of Justice and Attorney-General’s Department
- Examines policies and legislations proposed by MDAs for its relevance with the Decentralisation Policy Framework, National Decentralisation Action Plan and other necessary Decentralisation documents.
- Sensitises relevant stakeholders on the policy and implementation implications of new policies, legislations and programmes in Ghana’s local governance and decentralisation programmes.
- Conducts inspection for the various policy, projects and programmes being implemented by MMDAs.
The Directorate comprise of the following units;
- Inspectorate :- The Unit performs the following;
- Conducts inspection of the various policy, projects and programmes being implemented by MMDAs.
- Local Assessment:- The unit also performs the following:
- Coordinates and facilitates the performance assessment of MMDCE’s
- Keeps records of the appointment, transfers and dismissal of MMDCE’s
- Facilitates the settlement of disputes related to the management of the Assemblies.
- Initiates the Demarcation of boundaries for MMDA’s in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders
- Develops guidelines and mechanisms for promoting public participation and accountability in the decentralized local government system.
- Develops guidelines and standards of rating for adoption by the MMDAs
- Coordinates inter district and inter regional relations
- Reforms:- The unit:
- Provides legal counsel and technical support services by ensuring legal interpretations and inputs into the formulation of policies and other international protocols, conventions and treaties.
- Formulates and designs programmes and initiates legislations to accelerate and deepen decentralization within the local government system.
DEPUTY PM PAYS COURTESY CALL ON MINISTER FOR LOCAL GOVERN...
Sept. 13, 2018
Nomination of District Chief Executive - Brekum West
Aug. 31, 2018